Well, having purchased a water purifier for my home just a few hours ago after extensive research over the period of eight days, I would state that when it comes to buying a water purifier for use with water in Bangalore, one of the most crucial factors that influences the decision of purchase is the water disinfection technology used in the water purification process –

  • Water Disinfection Technologies

The process of Reverse Osmosis(RO) removes up to 97% of the impurities present in water. For the remaining 3%, water purifiers come installed with additional methods of disinfection. The most effective among them all is passing UV rays through the water.

UV rays are natural disinfectants and purify the water further to the highest degree such that virtually all of the impurities are removed and water is completely safe for consumption. Thus, one should consider purchasing a water purifier that makes use of at least (RO+UV) filtration technique. Configurations like (RO+UV+UF) / (RO+UV+MF) are also present in some models and provide added purification.

And, in terms of water disinfection prowess – (RO+UV+UF) > Alkaline > (RO+UV+MF) > (RO+UV) >> (RO+MF) > RO > UV.

Also, the presence of a TDS controller helps maintain the Total Dissolved Salts(TDS) value of water within the acceptable range of 100–500.

Previous Post
Newer Post

Leave A Comment

No products in the cart.